Pathfinder

Pathfinder

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Tatzlford’speech of the Baroness Regent of the Six Rivers

Dear citizens of Tatzlford and the Six Rivers, dear friends,

Our beloved and sorely missed Baron Clovis I is no more, another beacon of hope sent to
gather the lonely, the forgotten, the deserted, but also the brave, the bright
and the strong, is gone.

Nonetheless, we have to carry on.

I call upon you all – humans, kobolds, dwarves – and all the other races making up our kingdom to pitch in, stand up together. We are fighting spies, foes, enemies, prejudices and fears. We are fostering hope for peaceful development and a better life.

I bear my share of mistakes and I have learnt a lesson from what happened to Tatzlford a few weeks ago. This scar will remain carved in our memories and our souls. But not in vain. Now Tatzlford has strong stone walls built with the sweat of our welcome, industrious new friends: the dwarves. They are new life blood for the kingdom. As humans were at its beginning and kobolds just after them.

To seal the rebirth of Tatzlford, I give you a leader, a strong and firm hand, who can
protect you and make sure nothing bad happens again. I give you Captain Kesten
Garess, the noble new Lord Protector of Tatzlford.

(cheers, applauses)

So here we stand despite foes and hindrances, monsters and casualties. I urge upon you all to do your best to honour the promise of a better life. Much has been done: equal rights, freedoms of many kinds, low taxation. But even more remains to be done. It won’t be for now, it won’t be for tomorrow, but the work will get done. We will deliver, my fellow citizens, my kin.

As your Baroness Regent, your Bard, the head of the Academy, and most of all, your fellow Riverling, I promise to honour my people, to work for the common good, and to make new steps forward towards the establishment of a strong, healthy, wealthy and free barony for all those that can and want to embrace our values.

Let us now celebrate the rebirth of Tatzlford remembering those that we lost, but looking forward to better days to come.

May Erastil, Pazuzu and the other Gods of ours bless our kingdom.

May diversity make us stronger.

Because here we still stand, confident and strong.

Together as one!


No comments:

Post a Comment